Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to grow one of the largest and most engaged podcast audiences in our space, with a strong emphasis on cultivating strong relationships on behalf of Ten Percent Happier in the podcast industry.
What you will do:
Ten Percent Happier is aiming to build a robust podcast network with a portfolio of successful shows. You will be integral in growing a highly engaged audience for these shows.
Some of your activities will include:
- 2x the overall the Ten Percent Happier podcast network audience in the first 12 months
- Launch up to a dozen new shows in 2021
- Evaluate and support discovery of new show concepts to build primed audiences for Ten Percent
- Hire and manage the necessary team needed to support the above
What you will bring to the team:
- Have built, prioritized, and executed marketing strategies across multiple marketing channels for digital media properties, with an emphasis on direct influencer strategy, PR, partnerships, and/or paid acquisition
- Experience running market and audience research, especially in identifying market opportunities and validating content/audience fit
- Fantastic analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, ability to think on your feet and generalize solutions.
- Experience managing and executing complex projects involving internal and external stakeholders with quick turnarounds
- Love for audio-centric brands and personal interest in and commitment to meditation and mindfulness.
- Excels in developing new business relationships and nurturing existing ones
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Tara-Nicholle Kirke, CMO.
You will work alongside Julia Wu, Toni Magyar, Nathan Tobey, Jen Poyant
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- We’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.