Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. The science suggests these are skills -- ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70’s, or yoga in the 90’s, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that’s accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world’s most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
- Create original content concepts around training the mind via our award-winning app.
- Develop a strong working relationship with co-founder Dan Harris, internalize the stylistic choices that make his voice unique in this market, and turn out content that consistently exceeds the high-bar that he helps to maintain at Ten Percent Happier.
- Take a confoundingly complex subject matter (training the mind) and develop content arcs that make it easy & inspirational to learn & practice.
- Understand the audience’s underlying needs, run collaborative creative brainstorms, and drive the content team towards decisions.
- Tie content back to desired customer and business outcomes.
- Work closely with the product team to understand what is and is not working for our customers.
- Work closely with analysts to understand what is and is not working for the business.
- Based on these insights, develop a strategy that will help deliver on business and audience goals.
- Oversee production for all content types - Courses, Singles, Talks, Sleep, and other content forms not yet developed.
- Create an editorial calendar that maps to business needs and then, along with the team, deliver high quality content on that schedule.
- Ensure that all content produced is highly engaging, best-in-class production values, on brand and loved by the audience.
- Hire and manage a content team, run day-to-day and week-to-week team processes, and maintain and enforce budgets.
- Ability to build and oversee a team responsible for production of all content.
- Experience managing production cycle, from pre-production decisions on projects, partners, launch timing, to coordinating shoots, travel, etc. to post-production to deliver incredible content.
- Ability to create a budget for each content project and manage against it.
- Views building content on a scrappy budget as a creative challenge, not a roadblock.
- Experience hiring and developing a diverse team of extraordinary producers.
- Works cross-functionally with product, finance, and other functions to execute on production and uncover new insights and opportunities.
- Ideally, experience leading business strategy for a past content endeavor, contributing to the conversation around what we should work on (and why).
- Incredibly detail-oriented (even obsessive) about creating great content.
- Clear communicator who can work with a diverse group of editors, shooters, teachers, scientists, product managers, and hosts.
- Capable of managing complexity - can balance multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with skill.
- Not afraid to roll up sleeves and get involved as an individual contributor – whenever and wherever needed.
- Be a key member of a small team in a very collaborative environment.
- Become a part of a rapidly growing company that is changing millions of lives.
- Get a competitive compensation package with equity and benefits.
- Join a culture that values clear and kind communication, a dedication to crafting incredible products and content, and will engage your intellect and curiosity on a daily basis. We’re passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- Be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Co-Founder & VP Product
New York, NY or Boston, MA