Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
As Financial Controller, you will be responsible for providing the company’s leadership with useful, accurate, and timely financial reporting, while overseeing all of the underlying processes and people that support its creation.
What you will do:
- Direct the company’s accounting practices and financial reporting, ensuring compliance with GAAP and coordinating external reviews and audits.
- Oversee the work of the company’s external accountants and bookkeepers.
- Work with department heads and analysts to track and understand the financial performance of various business units and initiatives.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures provide sufficient internal controls.
- Work with outside counsel—legal and accounting—on tax planning, yearly tax filing, and compliance.
- Administer payroll in collaboration with the People Department.
What you will bring to the team:
- Strong business and accounting acumen and experience overseeing financial reporting for an organization with multiple business units and cost allocation.
- CPA with audit experience and strong technical accounting skills.
- An ability to effectively manage external contract resources.
- An ability to present financial data and insights concisely and clearly.
- Proactive and self-directed. Strong candidates will anticipate the needs of the organization as it grows.
- Familiarity with Bill.com, Expensify, Quickbooks and other accounting software such as NetSuite, a plus.
- Experience converting from one accounting system to another a plus.
- Experience in the mobile app and/or media industries.
Who you will work with:
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- Until we can all go back to work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office we’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends