Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Join our Mobile Engineering team and contribute to our award-winning iOS app. As an iOS Engineer you will collaborate with our product, marketing, and design teams to deliver innovative features to our ever-growing user base.
What you will do
- Build delightful features in our iOS app.
- Contribute to our app architecture and help us maintain stable, performant, and bug-minimum code.
- Stay informed on next-generation iOS features and help us experiment and become early adopters.
- Participate in new feature conception, development, and testing.
- Work with many business units including marketing, product, design, and content.
What you will bring to the team
- Extensive experience building responsive iOS apps and delivering them to the App Store.
- Familiarity with designing client-server APIs and working with networking APIs.
- Experience building responsive user interfaces using AutoLayout.
- Experience with reactive programming and have programmed in multi-threaded environments.
- Experience working with persistence layers, such as Core Data, SQLite, or Realm.
- Bonus: Familiarity with iOS accessibility features, such as Dynamic Type and Voiceover.
- Bonus: Familiarity with Android development
Who you will work with
Why we think you'll like working here
- Until we can all go back to work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office we’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend.
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better.
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity.
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends.
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.