Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to pilot and launch a series of ambitious new shows across a range of formats, from interview shows to highly produced documentary style series and long form narratives.
What you will do:
You will be the lead producer on several individual shows in development, working closely with an associate producer and the Managing Producer for Show Development.
Key responsibilities include writing and episode structure work, research, host scouting and relationship management, as well as the collection and incorporation of listener stories and feedback. You will be responsible for driving the production, including writing, editing and light sound design/scoring, in close partnership with the host(s) and managing editor, along with your audio engineering teammates.
Some of your show development day to day responsibilities will include:
- Under the leadership of the managing producer, development of show format, including storyboarding and scripting
- Under the leadership with managing producer, work closely with show hosts, producers, audio engineer to develop the voice, sound aesthetic of the show
- work closely with production coordinator to develop editorial and production plans timed to the development and launch of other ten percent podcasts
- Successfully pitch, write, edit and produce high-profile, newshow and story ideas that fit within the ethos and mission of the Ten Percent Happier brand, i.e. relatable wisdom
- Supervise and mentor team associate producer
- Participate in weekly production meetings with audio engineering team
- Supports the leadership on marketing and product teams to coordinate any in-app meditation content that is relevant to the launch of a new podcast
- Similarly helps to create strong editorial direction of content related to in-app projects like challenges, courses, ect. Requires superior writing, editing, pitching skills.
- Editorial support in ensuring the best messaging and tone for all in show and relevant marketing messages.
- Prepare guest prep to ensure host is fully prepared for each and every interview, including series prep
What you will bring to the team:
- Show development i.e. refining concepts, format, storyboarding, script drafting, futures planning
- Production scheduling
- Works well collaboratively
- Talent booking
- Interview prep
- Directing talent
- Producing recording sessions (logistics e.g. studios, tape syncs, etc.)
- Some journalistic research/reporting
- General research
- Story editing
- Cutting tape
Who you will work with:
We're currently hiring these team members who you'll work with:
- You will report directly to the Managing Producer, Show Development
- You will work alongside another person in the Producer, Show Development role and two people in the Associate Producer, Show Development role
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- Until we can all go back to work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office we’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI learning stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.