Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Serve as a valuable team player, taking the lead on defined projects to help the product and content teams operate more smoothly.
- Make content-product collaborations a success, collaborating closely with relevant parties and driving quality execution against a timeline.
- Become an analytics expert, helping to define and maintaining feedback loops with the content team.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to drive product improvements, taking the lead on scoping and writing specs for individual feature components
- Be flexible and able to take on and master new topic areas easily and quickly, running with projects but understanding when to ask questions.
What you will do:
- Project Management: Take projects from beginning to end.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine requirements.
- Create and maintain detailed project plans.
- Clearly communicate timeline, deadlines, and tasks to project participants, ensuring that the project stays on timeline by reminding participants and looping in product team if needed.
- Check product deliverables, and take ownership of fixing the (inevitable!) issues that pop up.
- Identify, scope, and spec opportunities to improve processes and products, and work with product team to prioritize these improvements.
- Analysis & Reporting: Collaborate with Product Managers to define key KPIs and set up charts and dashboards to measure these KPIs. Be the go-to expert on these charts, understanding how the data is collected and what it means. Report out on a regular basis, differentiating between expected and unexpected data points and trends.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with content and support teams within Ten Percent Happier, serving as their liaison with the Product team for the projects that you are running point on.
- Assist with Variety of Projects: Be able and willing to help out Product Managers with new projects and initiatives. Quickly ramp up, asking questions upfront to gather context, but understand that some things will need to be figured out as you go. Projects may include:
- Feature Improvements: Collaborate with Product Managers on feature improvements, scoping and writing specs for components of these features.
- User Research: Help to create and analyze user surveys. Participate in user interviews and user testing.
- Analytics: Help Product Managers track and report on the success of new product initiatives.
- Competitive Research: Dig into competitor products to help Product Managers with the benchmarking component of new product and feature ideation.
- Customer Messaging: Create push notification and in-app messaging campaigns that direct users to timely and relevant content.
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Fantastic analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, ability to think on your feet and generalize solutions. High proficiency in Excel; familiarity with SQL and analytics tools.
- Excellent communication skills. You're not afraid to ask questions, are comfortable holding others accountable to timelines, and easily distill a message down to its most important components.
- Structured and organized thinker who doesn't lose track of details along the way. You enjoy (or at least appreciate the importance of) checking your work, identifying errors and fixing them.
- Genuine personal interest in product design, particularly when it comes to mobile apps. You have strong opinions about a broad range of different products, and can articulate what you think makes them good (or bad).
- Team player who cares about the outcome, wins or loses collectively, and is committed to helping your teammates succeed.
- Clear track record of leadership, whether personal, scholastic, or professional.
- Personal interest in and commitment to meditation and mindfulness.
Who you will work with:
- Be a key member of a small team in a very collaborative environment.
- Become a part of a rapidly growing company that is changing millions of lives.
Why we think you will like working here:
- Until we can all go back to work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office we’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- Get a competitive compensation package with equity and benefits (including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance, as well as non-traditional benefits such as meditation enrichment and DEI stipends)
- Join a culture that values clear and kind communication, is dedicated to crafting incredible products and content, and will engage your intellect and curiosity on a daily basis. We’re passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- Be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.
Senior Product Manager