Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. The science suggests these are skills—ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70’s, or yoga in the 90’s, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that’s accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world’s most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Help people make the most of their minds, while challenging yours along the way.
As a Senior Meditation Producer, you’ll work collaboratively on our team (including guiding teachers Joseph Goldstein and Sharon Salzberg and Ten Percent Happier co-founder Dan Harris of ABC News) to guide the creation of, and deliver world-class content on meditation & mindfulness. This includes:
* Deeply learning who our customers are, what motivates them to engage with our content, and how to craft language that connects with them most impactfully.
* Script editing and relationship management with widely respected teachers & experts helping to translate insider contemplative meditation language into skeptic-friendly, approachable wisdom.
* Collaborating on strategic decision-making with teachers, editors, directors, and fellow producers about how we create experiences which help our community be happier, healthier, wiser, and more compassionate.
* Working shoulder to shoulder with a video producer and supporting producer to script and create premium video content.
* Leading real-time recording sessions during meditation content production through close critical listening, providing direction to recording technicians, coaching talent (teachers, experts, & hosts) with performance cues, and making on-the-fly creative decisions.
* Soup to nuts work from developing pedagogical framing and learning outcomes to editing audio files to create impactful high-quality experiences for our community.
Note: This role is all about working with Ten Percent Happier teachers to create content in their voice, not about creating meditation content in *your* voice (even though you may be a qualified teacher!)
* 10+ years of personal experience with meditation, a robust personal practice, and deep familiarity and curiosity with the intellectual scaffolding of meditation and contemplative practice.
* Formal training and experience in teaching/facilitating meditation, either through a spiritual lineage or a secular training program.
* Experience building meditation curriculum for a secular audience
* Demonstrated ability to project manage in a professional environment with multiple collaborators and stakeholders.
* Strong nuanced communication skills, ability to work with a diverse group of teachers, scientists, producers, marketers, product managers, engineers, and analysts.
* Experience with modern technology tools and quickly comes up to speed on new tools
* Enjoys responding to/solving surprising and last-minute challenges with vigor and poise.
* Demonstrated ability to think proactively through an experience or project, then execute with minimal input/help from others
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Boston, MA preferred, but open to remote applicants.