Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to create a variety of premium, on-brand informative and entertaining video projects (Courses, Challenges, Live shows, etc.) featuring exceptional written and visual storytelling.
What you will do:
You will be the lead producer on projects, running every step of the production process from conception through launch, working closely with a Senior Meditation Producer and an Associate Producer.
Key responsibilities include writing scripts incorporating visual story-telling elements that make cerebral meditation concepts entertaining and understandable in the science-based and relatable voice of Ten Percent Happier. Working closely with a Meditation Researcher to identify compelling topics and top-of-their-field Experts. With the support of an Associate Producer, you will be responsible for running all elements of the production process: hiring and managing contractors (DPs, audio, editor, graphic artists, composer, etc) running sets and directing Talent as well as shepherding the notes process, working closely with Talent and EP through post-production and delivery.
Some of your Senior Producer day to day responsibilities will include:
- Researching topics and writing scripts in the voice of Ten Percent Happier
- Creating, sharing and managing calendars and budgets for your projects
- Running the pre-production process including scheduling meetings, script reviews and rehearsals with Talent and EP and executing script revisions
- Providing comprehensive Guest prep to ensure Talent and Guests are fully prepared for each and every interview, rehearsal, shoot, etc.
- Creating and sharing comprehensive Run of Show with team (including Talent and Guests) prior to shoot date
- Running rehearsals
- Vetting, hiring and managing contractors
- Supervising and mentoring the Associate Producer
- Supporting the leadership on Marketing, Product and Podcast teams to ensure cross-departmental coordination and the best marketing messaging
What you will bring to the team:
- Extremely thorough and detail-oriented approach to all segments of production
- Superb writing skills
- Excellent visual storytelling skills and style
- Familiarity and comfort with video equipment and tech with the ability to troubleshoot
- Great collaborative working style
- Great sense of humor!
Who you will work with:
- You will report directly to the Executive Producer, Video
- You will work directly with a Senior Meditation Producer, supported by an Associate Producer and alongside another Senior Video Producer/Meditation Producer team
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- Until we can all go back to work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office we’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
- Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.