Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Mission: Ensure efficient production of audio and video projects, clear and accurate internal communication across departments, and especially effective partnerships with Product and Marketing.
What you will do:
Production Management: Partner with the Associate Director of Content and Producers to develop, roll out, and execute production and budget tracking processes and systems - and refine them as our projects and teams grow.
- Evaluate internal and external documentation and tracking systems for production management and co-create detailed schedules and processes for updating and reporting
- Set and run regular production meetings with clear expectations and outcomes
- Critically assess and help plan team resourcing across productions
- Ensure project and team spend are aligned with budget and tracked in real-time
- Continually assess production processes, identify impediments, and develop process improvements
Project Management: Manage select projects from beginning to end.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine requirements.
- Identify and surface risks early and proactively monitor and intervene in development as needed.
- Create and maintain detailed project plans.
- Clearly communicate timeline, deadlines, and tasks to project participants, ensuring that the project stays on schedule and budget.
Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with content teams within Ten Percent Happier and serve as liaison with the Product and Marketing teams for the projects you are running point on.
- Solicit feedback from and keep colleagues in Product and Marketing informed of project plans
- Ensure Marketing and Product content needs are met while setting appropriate expectations mindful of Production workloads and priorities
What you will bring to the team:
- Clear track record of success as a proactive project manager and leader of cross-functional, multimedia project teams. Video production and project management is a heavy plus.
- Excellent communication skills. You're not afraid to ask questions, are comfortable holding others accountable, and can easily distill a message down to its most important components.
- Structured and organized thinker who doesn't lose track of details or the big picture.
- Deep familiarity with project management software and databases and a passion for matching the right tools with the needs of the team and organization
- A bias toward action and an eagerness to experiment and change course when needed
- Genuine personal interest in media. You have strong opinions about video, audio, and podcasts, and can articulate what you think makes them good (or bad).
- Team player who cares about the outcome, wins or loses collectively, and is committed to helping your teammates succeed.
- Personal interest in and commitment to meditation and mindfulness.
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Toni Magyar, Associate Director of Content
You will work alongside Maria Wurtelle, Production Coordinator
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- Until we can all go back to work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office we’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.