Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to drive business results and user impact through leading and optimizing our highly cross functional challenge and course efforts.
What you will do:
Challenges (and the courses that power them) are a core strategic pillar for Ten Percent Happier, driving significant business - and user - impact. You will be driving the product development process for challenges and courses. Your responsibilities will include:
- Product Roadmap Ownership. You’ll identify necessary product changes to enable high-value experimentation around challenges and courses, ensuring that these changes are prioritized appropriately.
- Product Brief Creation. You’ll write simple, clear product briefs and specs that articulate what we’re doing, why we’re doing it, and what success would look like.
- Product Design Collaboration. You’ll work with design to turn these product briefs into shippable designs.
- Ship It. You’ll collaborate with engineering to bring these to life.
You will also be the lead for our challenges and courses projects, ensuring that challenges run smoothly and drive business results. Some of your challenge lead activities will include:
- Project Management. Challenges and courses have a lot of moving pieces, many stakeholders, firm timelines, and many, many important details. You won’t be doing all of the work yourself, but you’ll ensure that it gets done.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration. You’ll solicit input, set project objectives, drive alignment, and ensure execution across the content, marketing, support, product, and engineering teams.
- Process Improvements. You’ll work cross-functionally to create a scalable playbook for challenges, making changes to streamline execution.
Finally, you will be responsible for developing a data-driven, user insight-informed roadmap for challenge experimentation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis and Reporting. You’ll analyze and report on challenge and course success and failure, and communicate these results in a clear, actionable way to the rest of the company. You’ll draw upon these analyses to improve our challenge impact model, inform our content roadmap, and identify high-value experiments for future challenges and courses.
- User Research & Empathy. You’ll draw on surveys, analytics, and user interviews to develop a nuanced understanding of user psychology at key decision making points throughout the customer lifecycle (particularly those related to challenge and course users).
- Roadmap Creation. You’ll draw on models, company strategy, and user research to publish and maintain a roadmap that covers topics and themes, strategies and tactics, and key user needs from pedagogy.
What you will bring to the team:
We’re looking for candidates with at least 3 years of product management experience, in addition to the following:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical ability
- Customer empathy
- Project management expertise
- Strategic mindset and strong prioritization abilities
- Team-player attitude
- Genuine interest in & experience with meditation and mindfulness
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Eva Breitenbach, Group Product Manager.
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- Until we can all go back to work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office we’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.