Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to support the producers and host of the Ten Percent Happier podcast and to learn the fast paced, in depth production process of a highly successful twice weekly interview show.
What you will do:
You will work closely with and support the Senior Producers of the show
- Work closely with producers and host on finalizing the booking/coordination of guests
- coordinating interview prep for hosts
- contributing ideas and notes on weekly editorial meetings
- providing research support
- obtaining transcripts, and paper edits.
- Review and organize incoming pitches
- Send audio files, transcripts, and metadata to publishing platforms
- Collect marketing CTA’s and add to VO scripts
- Send guests social links and assets
- Create and populate relevant cms entries page for all episodes, including show notes
- Check platforms for feature opportunities
What you will bring to the team:
- Flexible, willing to pitch in on relevant tasks to get shows produced
- Desire to support producers in production scheduling, guest bookings,
- Enthusiasm to support research and Interview prep as needed
- Experience producing recording sessions (logistics e.g. studios, tape syncs, etc.)
- Experience in professional audio editing software, putting together packages and stories
- highly organized and flexible with a fast moving production schedule
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Samuel Johns, Senior Producer and another Senior Producer (currently hiring).
You will also work with the following people:
- Production Coordinator (currently hiring)
- Dan Harris, Host
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- Until we can all go back to work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office we’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.