Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
You will lead editorial planning and run meetings for the podcast, and continually improve the editing process and sound of the show, all while supporting the development of more complex, special and timely podcast series.
What you will do:
The Senior Producer of the Ten Percent Happier Podcast will lead our flagship show's creative evolution, support audience growth, and community impact through innovative show design. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Editorial lead on weekly production meetings.
- Key owner of the show's overall success, long-term plan, calendar, and direction.
- Develop episode concepts, identify possible guests, and lead edits on episodes.
- Ownership and continual improvement of the sound of the show, including theme music, use of audience testimonial and voice memos, editing of recorded two-ways, sound design (when appropriate), use of clips (when needed) all with seamless integration into scripts for ease of reference for host, audio engineer/sound designer and production coordinator.
- Lead coordinator for all audio engineering needs
- Develops and oversees collaboration with product and in-app producers on crossover initiatives such as Ten Percent Happier challenges and courses.
- Write drafts of Dan Harris's intros each week, assist in final edits of intros once Dan has rewritten or submitted.
- Support the creative direction of podcast newsletter in coordination with marketing team
- Editorial support on messaging and tone for in-show and marketing messaging
- Lead on guest prep to ensure host is fully prepared for each and every interview, including series prep
- Support the tracking of analytics and listener feedback to inform strategy.
What you will bring to the team:
We're looking for candidates with at least three years of both journalism and podcast production experience, ideally on a daily or weekly interview show with fast turnarounds. Significant familiarity with mindfulness practice and teachings (e.g. meditation, Buddhism).
- Superior writing, audio editing, pitching, story editing skills
- Creative direction/concept and show format development
- Host management/booking and tailored interview prep and talent direction
- Producing recording sessions (logistics e.g. studios, tape syncs, etc.)
- Journalistic research/reporting
- Strong organizational skills
- Extremely good communication and delegation skills
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Jen Poyant, Executive Producer of Podcasts
You will work alongside Samuel Johns, Senior Producer
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- Until we can all go back to work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office we’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.