Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
The mission of the Business Analyst is to provide leaders within the company with timely, accurate, and actionable reporting and analysis.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Refine the company's business models, keep them up to date, and ensure they continually satisfy the operational and financial needs of the business.
- Create data visualizations and presentations to support operational and strategic decisions.
- Analyze data sources to check expected data content/relationships/quality.
- Report data quality issues, propose evolutions to resolve those issues or develop strategies to mitigate lack of quality.
- Catalog the data needs of the organization and work cross-functionally to ensure that needed data is collected and usefully structured.
- Serve as a resource for the finance, content, product, and marketing team, helping them to forecast growth and performance.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of customer LTVs, what factors influence LTVs, and how they evolve over time.
- Develop a model for subscriber attribution in collaboration with the marketing and media teams.
- Develop a methodology for determining the value of content in collaboration with the content team.
- Provide the quarterly reports needed by the company's profit sharing program and ensure their integrity.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A natural aptitude for analytical, data-driven problem-solving.
- An ability to identify and track down errors and inconsistencies.
- A capacity for successful collaboration with teams that are less analytical, data-driven, thorough, and exacting.
- An ability to present data and insights clearly.
- An interest in anticipating the needs of the teams they're supporting.
- A functional understanding of statistics and experimental methods used in product development, marketing, and behavioral science.
- Has worked to establish analytics and data best practices at a growing organization - tool selection and use, collecting and serving cross-functional needs, etc.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL and experience querying databases.
- Familiarity with acquisition and retention metrics.
- Excellent at data visualization and presentation.
- Bonus to have worked for an organization with a double bottom line.
- Work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office.
- Become a part of a rapidly growing company that is changing people's lives for the better.
- Get a competitive compensation package with equity and benefits.
- Join a culture that values clear and kind communication, a dedication to crafting incredible products and content, and will engage your intellect and curiosity on a daily basis. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- Be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
10% Happier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.