Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. The science suggests these are skills -- ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70’s, or yoga in the 90’s, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that’s accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world’s most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
The mission of the Head of People Operations is to work with the company's leadership team to make Ten Percent Happier an exemplary employer and a fantastic place to work.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Develop and implement a compensation framework to ensure that all employees are fairly compensated (cash compensation, benefits and equity), and that 10% Happier becomes an attractive employer in Boston and beyond.
- Join our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Committee and work closely with 10% Happier's leadership team to create a plan for making our company's culture ever more diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
- Help the company articulate and embody its values and culture in order to make 10% Happier a great place to work. Build culture into the entire employee lifecycle.
- Refine and oversee our hiring process and practices. Collaborate with hiring managers and recruiters to ensure not only that we hire the right people, but also that we provide a positive experience to all candidates.
- Develop an effective on-boarding strategy.
- Establish process for guiding and supporting managers in clearly defining the roles and responsibilities of their direct reports, setting goals, coaching, and conducting regular, mutually-beneficial performance evaluations.
- Coach managers and individual contributors.
- Lead employee relations efforts.
- Follow changes in legislation, regulation, and occupational health and safety rules to ensure that Ten Percent Happier is doing right by its employees.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- 3+ years of experience leading People Operations in an entrepreneurial, high growth environment.
- Demonstrated experience and success across People Operations - recruiting strategy, HR compliance, benefit planning, compensation and performance planning, mediation and learning and development.
- Excellent Communicator. Excellent oral and written communication skills (listening, presenting, synthesizing input, reading between the lines, probing a level deeper, asking the right questions, interpreting answers). Collaborates across the organization at all levels.
- Experience or interest in meditation and training the mind.
- Knack for organization and attentive to the details.
- Investment in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Work at our downtown Boston, dog-friendly office
- Become a part of a rapidly growing company that is changing people’s lives for the better
- Get a competitive compensation package with equity and benefits
- Join a culture that values clear and kind communication, a dedication to crafting incredible products and content, and will engage your intellect and curiosity on a daily basis. We’re passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- Be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.